[AT] Spray lube recommendation

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Jun 6 05:41:52 PDT 2005

For a spray on lube that firms up and stays put buy some motorcycle
chain lube. I use PJ1 brand on covered items and Maxima Chain Wax on
open ones myself.
Both spray on like WD 40 but they penetrate into tight clearance areas
and then as the carrier evaporates they thicken up into a heavy lube.
The PJ1 stays kind of sticky and REALLY clings to anything you get it on
AND IT IS HARD TO WASH OUT, so I only use it on items that are kind of
protected from clothes/hands and such. The Maxima is about the same but
it dries with less a less tacky surface and stays put. It is a paraffin
based lube and once on it stays a LONG time. I use it on door latches
and locks, things that are out in the weather and need to stay free.
Works great for most things but keep it off weather stripping around
auto glass.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York