[AT] Checked rows - Corn planting?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 3 13:12:42 PDT 2005

As a youngster on the farm I have a lot of memories of the issues related to
planting corn in checked 40" or 42" rows so that the rows could be
cultivated both ways. But I have no recollection of ever cultivating at a
diagonal. Was this ever done in any part of the country?  I would think it
would have required completely different settings on the rear wheels of the
tractor and cultivator. And not be all that beneficial anyway.

Just curious if it was ever done and for what reason. Senility is setting
in!

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door