[Farmall] Cub Touch Control acting funny

Nadzam, John [MCCUS] JNADZAM at MCCUS.JNJ.COM
Wed Jun 1 14:48:07 PDT 2005

I have a question to ask the group,

I have 51 cub that I got about two months ago with 42" woods belly mower.
and it seems the touch control is acting a little 'odd'  I have never had a
cub before, or played much with hydraulics so let me describe the problem.

It has both a upper and lower stop for the touch control lever, and it
always lifts the deck to the same upper position (and it is not hitting
anything under the tractor)

It always lowers smoothly but sometimes it lowers all the way to the ground
and sometimes it seems to stop a little short.

If I move the lever its full travel all way it will rise smoothly, but if I
try and 'inch' the deck up I end up pulling it back quite a bit and the it
tends to 'hop' up. but if the deck is up I can usually slowly lower it down
the length of travel of the touch control lever.

I read through the owners manual and it didn't give me any clues, I start on
the blue ribbon service manual for the touch control tonight.

any and all advice, stories, guesses, fixes, and comments welcome

John NADZam

51 M
53 SH
51 CUB