[AT] OOOPS - Do as I say not as I do - now ramblingofftopic...heating

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Jul 29 05:23:53 PDT 2005

If you hold on to something long enough, it starts being thought of as
odd-ball, Charlie, even if it is a production unit.  We installed a GE
heat pump on the farm in 1957.  Over the years, the compressor and the
big transfer valve were replaced several times, but it ran for better
than 40 years.  After about 1980, the service technicians would come out
to work on it and shake their heads in disbelief because it was such an
"unusual" design.  It was constructed as a single unit -- inside air
handler, outside air handler, compressor, and transfer valve were all
inside a big steel cabinet.  It was serial number 006.

Of course, we never run into that sort of thing today.  We all work with
state-of-the-art farm equipment and don't have to worry about finding
replacement parts to keep them running.  :-)

Larry