[AT] RE: Vintage tractor pulling advice

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jul 14 09:41:11 PDT 2005

Fortunately, my recollection of the main drag in Granville OH is that it
was pretty flat and level, or I would think that those riding on the
float would be more concerned about the effectiveness of the Cub's
brakes, rather than its hp. :-)

It should be noted that the hp ratings of farm tractors was/is measured
at the drawbar (and at the PTO). For garden tractors, the manufacturers
usually measure the brake hp at the engine flywheel. Two very different
things.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

  I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly
for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.
-James Baldwin, writer (1924-1987)