[AT] Oil Filter question

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Mon Jul 11 09:26:00 PDT 2005

Sounds like different and conflicting experiences folks have had.  Got my
attention about the apparently common experience of scoring crankshafts.

My experience is very limited, quantity 1 of a late model WC that my friend
had in my shop most of a winter while I helped him overhaul it.  That's the
one that ran for a season with no riser tube into the filter.  I'm a Deere
guy, was scared to death the Allis would jump the fence during the winter
and mess with my thoroughbred Deeres.  Didn't know what kind of mongrel I'd
have in the shed come spring.

So I guess our mileage really does vary, doesn't it.

Good discussion.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.