[AT] O/T Meyers or Western plow

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 06:21:46 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/30/2005 2:57:37 AM Central Standard Time,
mrreg_99 at hotmail.com writes:

Hi  Ed,

I think that after a certian date, somewhere around  the mid 90's the
manufacturers could no longer have the old style  "hard-mounted" plows for
sale anymore, and the new style "unimounts" or  "minute-mounts" became the
standard. I don't know for sure if this was a  federal law, or just that most
of the states picked this up.

Mike

There is a bumper maximum height requirement in many states and it may be
federal also.  Tghis may be why the plows come into that requirement if  they
are permanently mounted...

If your truck is 4 ft off the ground with large tires, you have to have a
bumper with a maximum height of about 24 inches or close to it.  That way  you
don't get to enjoy yourself in heavy traffic with Bigfoot!!!!!   -)

Cecil in OKla