[AT] O/T Meyers or Western plow

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 07:19:43 PST 2005

> I think that after a certian date, somewhere around  the mid 90's the
> manufacturers could no longer have the old style  "hard-mounted" plows for
> sale anymore, and the new style "unimounts" or  "minute-mounts" became the
> standard.

	I'm not trying to start something here but am wondering
if changing to the new quick detachable mounts was a marketing
thing instead of a mandate?  I've been looking at the new mounts
for years now and finally have one that comes off in two pieces
instead of one like the old one. Hookup is a 3 to 5 minute job now.

	I can drop just the blade and the frame that attaches to
it and leave the light bar and hydraulic assembly on the truck.
Makes it easy to get that heavy plow off for long trips. What I
like about the light bar and hydraulic unit is it comes off as a
separate unit and I can keep it inside out of the weather for the
summer. That way for one thing, no one can steal the lights or that
expensive pump/hydraulic unit which comes off with two bolts.

	Another thing about my Diamond plow is that the chain is
attached at the balance point for the blade and blade frame. So
I no longer need a jack or stand to hook up easily. Just drive up
and hook up the chain and it comes up with the hydraulic lift.

	Does anyone know for sure about rules governing snowplows
and trucks?  Just wondering.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson