[AT] Loose hay/round balers

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Fri Jan 28 06:47:49 PST 2005

I generally like to bale at 16 to 20% moisture. At 20% I will get some staining on the
belts and minor build up on the rollers. Anything more than that and the bales will
heat enough to get mold throughout the bale. At 20% I'll get an occassional moldy
spot but never any serious loss. Anything less than 16% and you start losing too
many leaves. I've never tried any of the preservatives.