[AT] Loose hay/round balers

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 27 20:22:10 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <CBear81438 at aol.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Loose hay/round balers

> I have baled prairie hay as soon as an hour after it was cut.  I have
baled
> wheat hay that ran the sap over the rollers and dripped as It was  baled..

Cecil, I have never tried baling square bales that wet. I don't think my
baler would handle it anyway. Even if the hay is a bit tough I find they
will heat and get mouldy inside if I bale too soon. Maybe its different with
big round bales but thats my experience with small squares.
Had a look at a nice looking NH 847 round baler trade in today. Its in my
price range and doesn't look beat up like some. I'll have to see what shape
the chain is in and what it might cost to replace if necessary.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/