[AT] Loose hay/roundbalers

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Jan 25 20:52:02 PST 2005

I have used a Vermeer for years.  I had one of the original ones with  the
flat bottom belt.  Then bought a smaller one with the rollers in the  bottom,
then the gearbox went out after about 5 years.  However, I  had shortened the
tension springs and this 5 X 4 baler would put out 1200 lb  bales of wheat hay.
 they were so tight that you could not stick a bale  spike in the center 18
inches....  Kept hay great.  When the gearbox  broke, I found an old Hesston
and have used it for the last 4 years.  I  also bought a Big vermeer last year
and have not had time or money to get it  going.  The Hesston always made a
loose bale, until last summer when I  changed the springs on the twine tensioner.
 It made a bale that would now  hold together.  Twine tension is everything.
I am trying to build a  net wrap mechanism to wrap them with.

I got a friend that bales with large bales then rolls them out on the
greound later and bales it into small bales.  He sells a lot of horse hay  and
straw..   Makes good money on it too....

Cecil in OKla