[AJD] Serial Number Plate

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 21:53:41 PST 2005

Dean,
In the Production Registers for the unstyled B and G, available from
2-Cylinder Magazine, there are columns for "PL", the Power Lift number.  So,
while that may have been exchanged or added later, I would think if a
tractor has a power lift number in the Register it would be reasonable to
assume it would have been the one that came on the tractor with that s/n.  I
guess a check could be made on the correlation between the power lift and
tractor s/n for existing unstyled G and B tractors - I can check my unstyled
G and B tomorrow.  But I sure agree with you on magneto s/n - I would be
really surprised if the original is on any tractor.  There is no column for
magneto serial number in the registers, either.
Regards,
Duane