[AJD] JD 430U reverser/PTO

Don Shehi shehi at commspeed.net
Thu Jan 20 16:29:34 PST 2005

Chris

You are right on with what's was available on the 430U as per the parts
manual.  There is a two stage clutch and a separate disc for the PTO.  The
book also shows a shaft going through the reverser into the transmission for
the PTO.  I have not been into the clutch and/or the reverser.  I do not
know what my 430U has. Looking into this will come after I get the engine
running.

One of my fellow tractor club members who has several John Deere's and has
owned a 420 told me the reverser and the PTO were not on the same tractor.
I never thought too much about it until the other day I noticed the PTO on
my 430U.  I'll enjoy calling him and telling him what I have.  I also under
stand that there were only around 1400 430U's made and if one looks at the
430U with a reverser, the number is even smaller.

Thanks for you help

Don Shehi
Camp Verde,  AZ