[AJD] JD 430U reverser/PTO

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 08:18:26 PST 2005

Don,

   I am going from old memories and don't have a book
in front of me to back it up,  but I believe one of
the features of the 430 was a live PTO.  So you should
have a two stage clutch.  That being the case your PTO
probably runs straight through the reverser housing
and gets it power directly from the clutch/flywheel,
and not from the transmission.

                     Chris