[AJD] JD 430U reverser/PTO

Don Shehi shehi at commspeed.net
Wed Jan 19 20:26:04 PST 2005

I recently purchased a 1959 John Deere 430U.  One of the members in a local
tractor club was telling me that if the 430 series tractor had a reverser it
did not have a PTO.  In looking at mine, it has both from what I can tell.

Since the reverser is between the transmission and the clutch, I can see how
it will totally reverse the direction of the transmission.  The question is,
won't the reverser also change the direction of the PTO.  This does not seem
to be a good feature. Is it common to have a reverser and a PTO?

Comments

TIA

Don Shehi
Camp Verde, Arizona