[AJD] Final Drive Drain Plug

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Jan 17 21:25:30 PST 2005

Or for not a lot more than you may pay at NAPA you might want to
consider one of the cheapie tool stores and pick up a 3/4" drive ratchet
and extension.  The Chinese stuff seems to hold up pretty well with just
a small investment.  The more you play with these old tractors you will
want a set of 3/4" drive sockets and LARGE wrenches.

Gary

Robert M. Massengale wrote:
> Thanks Ron.  That's probably going to be the best route.  Unless I
> get another suggestion that will work today, I'll pick up an adapter at
> NAPA when I go to town tomorrow.
>
> Mike
> Robert M. Massengale
> Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
>

>>I think you are about right, Mike.  I am not sure what I used in the
>>past, but how about a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter for your socket driver?  If
>>it is a 3/4 square, that should work.
>>
>>Ron Cook
>>Salix, IA
>>
>>Robert M. Massengale wrote:
>>
>>>Almost embarrassing to ask...  I though I had the transmission &
>>>final drive in my '41 B drained, but just discovered the large drain
>>>plug for the final drive under the drawbar support.  Unlike the
>>>transmission pipe drain plug, the final drive drain plug has a
>>>recessed square slot.  I don't have any tools around the shop that
>>>fit the drain plug hole. The square end on my 1/2 inch scoket
>>>extension is too small.  It looks to be about a 3/4 square recessed
>>>hole in the drain plug.  Is there a common tool Im overlooking that
>>>fits this hole or am I going to have to fire up the forge?
>>>
>>>Mike
>>>Robert M. Massengale
>>>Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.