[AT] computer problems

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 17:25:32 PST 2005

> Cecil,
>
> I just received my new thumb drive yesterday and played with it a little. It's an amazing device!  They call it a thumb because of its' size.  It plugs into the slot on the back of your computer and becomes another drive. Why this is important (among other reasons) is that you can get one to copy all your files to and then remove it... and even carry it on your key chain. Now your backups are safe.
>
> My son Joe introduced me to them when he was here for Christmas.  He showed my his that he says carries all the files for his universities web site, all the information for the radio station he manages, and all his personal files from several computers.  Just plug it in and go.
>
> I've been moving hundreds of files to it from my PC and then plugging it in to my new laptop.  INCREDIBLE!
>
> I just got a small one... 256 meg, and it only cost delivered about $80.
>
> George Willer

	Aren't they amazing?  My SIL, who works for a computer
consulting company out of Chicago, has given me two IBM thunb
drives over the past two years and I am impressed to no end with
them too. One is password protected and the other is just open
ended. Mine aren't quite as big as your 256 Mb thumb but hold a
great amount of files and photos. They just slip apart and plug
into the USB slot on the front of this computer. I'm glad you
have one, George.

Cecil