[AT] Tractor Weight (now Ramble - LONG)

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Jan 14 09:16:10 PST 2005

I don't mean to muddy the waters on this thread, but the English had
another name for the meal that gets served between noon and after
sundown.  It's called High Tea.  I will always remember and reminisce
over the experience of High Tea on the veranda of the Victoria Falls
Hotel in Zimbabwe.  Tea (Earl Grey, of course) is served starting at
3:00 in the afternoon in cups that are never allowed to be empty.  It's
accompanied by crumpets (various finger foods) served on three-tiered
silver platters that are never allowed to be empty, either.  A group of
us sat there gorging ourselves for nearly two hours enjoying the view of
the International bridge over the falls and listening to the
blood-curdling screams of the yahoo's that were bungee-jumping off of it
into the gorge.

Dinner (a boma) wasn't served until nearly 9:00 at night.  The closest
thing I can think of to describe that experience would be if you went to
a church social in this country and just grazed from dish to dish for an
hour or so.

Larry