[AT] Classic Blast

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 12:28:56 PST 2005

This reminds me of the time I was working on big  GMC Dumpster truck the type
that picks up 20 ft. cans and has lots of hydraulics  on it. I took the
radiator out and sent it down the rad. shop to be repaired.  When I got back a few
days later I installed it and filled it up with water then  started the engine
and backed it out on to the curtain in front of the shop  to idle and watch
for leaks. After a short while I heard an awful squealing like  a pig being
butchered and the engine came to a dead stop. Locked tight.   This radiator had
two cooling systems in the bottom for engine oil and tranny  oil.  The clown
that repaired the radiator had sandblasted it. BUMMER It  took out both the
engine and the tranny a not so small cost as they were both  large truck type.
That guy retired quite soon after that, I wonder  why.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503  623-0460