[AT] Classic Blast

james deardorff jdeardorffsupct at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 08:02:44 PST 2005

Dear ATIS
Received your comment on the problem with walnut shell plugging oil passages, ect.
Abrasvie contamination is always a concern for anyh type of snadblast operation.  This is why there such a good market for the baking soda blasters.  I rarely have a problem with my blasting process for the following reasons.
-I use low pressure 35 to 45 psi
-I have developed a very good masking system to protect no-blast parts
-I feel there is very little impact loss of the walnut shells at low pressures
-I recommend that car, tractors, ect be taken completely apart for the best results
-I recommend that after blasting is completed, the parts be washed down with a
   soluble salt rinse (I use Chlor-rid).  This removes abrasvie particles, paint dust,
   and sulfates that result from exhause funes espcially in diesel engines. I mix
   Chlor-rid one part to 100 parts with water.  This will not produce rust in metal for more
   information on chlor-rid see www.chlor-rid.com

Jim Deardorff