[AT] Charity auction

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Mon Jan 10 09:06:05 PST 2005

On 9 Jan 2005 at 21:03, Greg Whittaker wrote:

> I didn't bid on anything this year.  There wasn't anything that I was really
> interested in and this is the first year that I didn't buy anything.  I ended up
> with a brass cock knocker a couple years ago and the Blue Handled Fence this
> past year which I of course listed and sold this season.  I feel the money
> should stay here in the U.S.  I like the idea of the Salvation Army and would
> still like to see something go to the Florida Flywheelers to aid in their
> reconstruction efforts.
>
> Greg Whittaker
> Wolverine Mi.

I failed the charity auction badly this year. For that I apologize. Even in the
years that I did not buy or donate I did bid on stuff and blab a lot to help
keep things going well. The failure this year was mostly due to serious
health/mental problems of my aging mother (83) who still lives here on the
farm. Some of it was related to a serious face and head bashing fall almost a
year ago and some due to common dementia. One of natures more negative and
complaining souls for many years. Not something we like to think about but
something that we all know we may face ourselves someday. Far more problems
than solutions. I feel that I have been living the movie "Groundhog Day" for
some time...
My father's mind was gone a full 5 years before he died. Three of his sisters
suffered the same fate (one is still alive but knows no one). My mother-in-law
(88) on the other hand (who lives with us) though legally blind and hard of
hearing is as sharp as a tack and ready to travel at the drop of a hat. My
father-in-law was still operating heavy equipment at a full time job when he
turned 80. One night at about age 85 he went to sleep and his heart stopped
quietly in the middle of the night. Fully alert and a gentleman to the last.
Seems like a good way to do it to me...

On the up side I have finally cleared out space in the shop to get a vehicle
in to work on it. By the end of the week I should have things arranged well
enough and projects lined up and organized enough to not only finish up several
lagging projects but to also get my MF-165D HA into the main bay at the back
where I can start work on it maybe next month and still have room enough to
work on current vehicle stuff at the main work area. I have also found room to
put Scott's 190-XT Allis in down at the south end near the woodshop area so
that he can get back on to working on it. That will probably be another few
weeks. I have gotten about 1/2 of the ceiling up in an area that was open to
the loft and the other half will only take a few days work to get the bulk of
it in. It will be nice to heat the inside instead of the outside.   :-)   My
pickup decided that I have put off rebuilding its carb as long as it is going
to permit so I bought a kit for it. Diana's Lincoln has decided that it wants a
new master cylinder this week. The automatic choke is sticking on the WUV and
The 1 ton Chevy project is asking for a new fuel pump...   The joys of junk...
 :-)

--
farmer, Esq.
      Wealth beyond belief, just no money...