Hydraulic components (was Re: [AT] (no subject)

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 08:23:17 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/9/2005 5:41:51 A.M. Pacific  Standard Time,
nancydick at keyconn.net writes:
Charlie Mike have heard the same  thing you mention. i was told that the
galvanized will flake off and get in  the system. Thanks for the reminder.
R Fink

Sounds like one of the old  wives tales to me. I have seen galvanized pipe on
lots of hydraulic systems, I  have one out in the yard right now. The only
thing that I would think is that  its actually a zinc coating and that could
work like the zinc plates around a  Prop on ships and would be eaten away by
electrolyses . I don't see where this  would hurt anything but the pipe would not
last as long as black iron pipe.  However how long is that, most likely longer
than we would have to worry  about.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR  97361