[AT] stiff tractor day/ Ohio update

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sat Jan 8 19:30:09 PST 2005

    Cecil;
    Just got phone service back this evening. The switching
station was without power and as soon as the battery banks went
dead the whole area was without phone service. Finally catching
up on my messages.
    Brothers Larry and Gary still have no electric power and
don't know when it will be on.
    The ice still hasn't melted from the trees and we had 3
inches of wet snow to add to the ice load. The trees remind me
of umbrellas the way they are stressed under the weight.
    To add to problems we are having problems with flooding from
the snow that melted last week and the constant rain. Parts of
the Ohio river were at 12 feet above flood stage this morning.
    We have had enough winter, please let spring come early!!!

                        Gene

:
: We were lucky this time, Gene. It rained and froze but not
: at the same time so our trees came thru without ice. It's a
good
: thing too as I could hear the wind this morning when I woke
up. Ice
: and wind are a bad deal around here with all of these trees
hanging
: over the top of primaries.
:
: I waited to plow yesterday until about 2:30 when it appeared
: to me that the rain was about to end. We had approx 6 inches
of snow
: on the ground that was thoroughly saturated with rain and
almost too
: heavy for the dump truck to plow. Good thing a lot of my
plowing was
: downhill or I would have had to go get a load of stone for
extra
: weight.
:
: Cecil
: --
: The nicest thing about telling the truth is you never have to
wonder
: what you said.
:
: Cecil E Monson
: Lucille Hand-Monson
: Mountainville, New York   Just a little east of the North Pole
:
: Allis Chalmers tractors and equipment
:
: Free advice