[AT] Shift on the go - (was)Ramble: I broke a MF 255 into 2 pieces

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 8 18:30:00 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Allen V. Pruehs <avpruehs at cac.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Shift on the go - (was)Ramble: I broke a MF 255 into 2
pieces

> Oliver offer the Power-booster" drive on the 880 and 770 in 1958.  This
was
> followed by the Hydrapower drive in the four digit series tractors (1600,
> 1800 & 1900). The Over/Under came later and is a three speed unit. At one
> point you could order a tractor with out the power shift, with the
> Hydrapower (2 speed) or with the Over/Under unit. There was also a special
> creeper gear power shift unit which really droped the speed.

Yes, Allan, I remember seeing the 1550 and bigger Cockshutts on the dealer
lot in the sixties with this over/under drive feature.
And I was wrong on Hydra-lectric. Thats nothing to do with the drive but is
in fact the hydraulic lift system on Oliver tractors.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/