[AT] Shift on the go - (was)Ramble: I broke a MF 255 into 2 pieces

Allen V. Pruehs avpruehs at cac.net
Sat Jan 8 15:15:12 PST 2005

Oliver offer the Power-booster" drive on the 880 and 770 in 1958.  This was
followed by the Hydrapower drive in the four digit series tractors (1600,
1800 & 1900). The Over/Under came later and is a three speed unit. At one
point you could order a tractor with out the power shift, with the
Hydrapower (2 speed) or with the Over/Under unit. There was also a special
creeper gear power shift unit which really droped the speed.

Take care,
Allen Pruehs
SE Michigan