Flooding in Ohio was RE: [AT] stiff tractor day

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Jan 7 04:22:59 PST 2005

> Just saw the news with pictures of Logan Cty and it
> looks all too familiar. Be careful with those broken
> widow makers in the woods come Spring.

	My neighbor, in the Catskill Mountains, just showed me a
tree he tried to cut in his woods that borders ours that hung up.
He asked me for advice as to how to get it down. A large tree, it
is, leaning against two other large trees. I told him it is what
we call a "widow maker" and it would be simple to take down. Just
wait until I get the bulldozer up there this spring and I'll hook
on to it from a safe distance and pull it down. We lost a neighbor
just down the road a few years ago that tried to cut one down that
was leaning like this one. You have to be careful pulling them
down too by staying a good distance away but it is the best way.
Leaving them up there leaning like they do is no good either as
they are coming down sometime by themselves. Better they are on
the ground.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson