[AT] OT Battery Chargers

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Thu Feb 17 13:51:29 PST 2005

About 7 or 8 years ago, I bought a charger from NAPA.  You had to move
the buttons to set the charge rate and voltage.  It was a decent
charger, except the battery couldn't be below 4 volt for it to turn on
and work.  There were times that I had to "trick" it into working so it
would charge a dead battery.  That was accomplished with jumpers and a
spare battery.   I wouldn't have bought the charger, if I had known that
fact about it.  It was packaged in one of those clear plastic packs that
you have to really work on to get open.  When I buy items like that
anymore, I insist on looking at the directions and specs before I decide
to buy or not.

Lou