[AT] OT Battery Chargers

kreig astroguy at nas.com
Thu Feb 17 13:27:52 PST 2005

I am new to this thread so sorry if i mised something.

I recently purchased a 1.5 volt maintenance charger (Sears and certainly not
my favorite store) and found great success with this model.  It charges and
maintains either 6 or 12 volt batteries and can be a portable unit or a
permanantly installed.  I like this model over all others I found because it
is well designed and "IT WORKS!!"  $29

It seems all the new computerized chargers cannot identify a dead battery.
Both of my automatic chargers say a dead battery is fully charged when in
fact it is dead.  I go to my Big charger for flat batteries and "jump start"
them at 50+ amps for a short time. After this, an automatic charger seems to
work ok.

Kreig