[Steam-engine] Repro Castings

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Wed Feb 16 14:19:49 PST 2005

Andy,

For iron its about 1/8" per foot. for the small pieces there will be no
detectable shrinkage.  For the firebox door it may still not be enough to
worry about but if there is some shrinkage, surfaces could be built up to
compensate.

I suppose I am in competition with Cattail foundry on this reproduction
work.  I would be glad to give you a quote and you could go to whoever you
feel you get the better value from.

You could send the pics to me or you could set up an account with one of the
photo hosting sites.  I use webshots and it works great for me with a couple
hundred photos posted so far.  I think I paid something like $20 a year but
its well worth it.  There is a free version as well which would probably be
best until you have lots of photos to share.

Thanks

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Works
100 South Bridge Street Bldg. F