[Steam-engine] Repro Castings

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 13:50:51 PST 2005

I was planning on contacting Cattail Foundry simply
because of an enthusiastic recommendation that I got
from an engine collector who has been involved with
many restorations.  I will try to snap a couple of
pics tonight but I might have trouble finding a place
to post them.  Looks like I need to start a web page.
The pieces will fit in your hand they are fancy pipe
caps for 2" pipe and are part of the fancy cushion
drive found on older Hubers.  I also need to borrow a
firebox door and have one reproduced.  What kind of
shrinkage rates are we talking about?
--- Tod Engine <todengine at zoominternet.net> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Which foundry do you intend to use?  I have a small
> foundry here in
> Youngstown and our specialty is making castings from
> original pieces.  If
> you could send me a couple of pics I can let you
> know what preparations if
> any you would need to make.  Most of the time there
> are no special
> preparations needed.  I can make any follow boards
> or add stock to the
> original pieces as neccesary.
>
> The profits from the foundry operation, called Tod
> Engine Works goes toward
> the preservation of the Tod Engine.
>
> Rick Rowlands
> Tod Engine Works