[AJD] My apologies to the List and Melanie

Almost-Running Deere deereman1000 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:59:05 PST 2005

All I can say is buyer beware.  You have to shop around.  Not too long ago I
needed a rebuilt starter for my 40.  Looking at the net I found places with
them priced over $200 but Deere's price was $139 including the core fee and
no shipping to the dealer if I did not want rush service, 3 days and it was
in.  On another note the price of shipping iron is getting unbelivable.  IN
any case the buyer had better look carefully because almost everyone is
charging what the market will bear but check around- $100 variation in the
price of a starter is only the tip of the iceberg.

Dana

SE PA