[AJD] My apologies to the List and Melanie

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Fri Feb 11 19:03:27 PST 2005

A few further comments if I might-

I now strongly suspect my initial suspicions were correct Dean as sometimes what gets said can
prove to be far more important than initially thought.

Although supposed to be off list, here we go again with pricing protests? Come on. Everyone
catches a deal on Ebay or at a local auction, that's what makes it fun. First it's Polk and now
Sharp's? I can only imagine what's been said about me but I honestly could care less. Used
parts for me is easy. I have 300 tractors but sell little or no used parts,end of story. It
takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to offer decent used parts. The Sharp's do and
must set their prices where they feel they need to be to make a reasonble profit. $200 levers
are great profit centers but let's face it, the law of averages applies. You win some and you
lose some. Try to buy 300 parts tractors today. It can't be done. The important thing is that
at the end of the day you have to show a fair profit to be able to keep the doors open.
Overhead and investment in product and facilities play a very important part in this as
everyone is well aware.
I have never EVER found the Sharp's to be anything but honest, friendly, and more than
hardworking people who go above and beyond and are making their living at this, not playing at
it as a hobby or a diversion. I don't know too many other vendors who can be reached at their
business often before 7 am and after 10 at night. I also know for a fact that a website is a
tremendous undertaking, just take a look at my miserable excuse for a site-4 years old and just
now finally getting an update, and I imagine they feel that the actual product development and
availibility for their customers is more important than getting some slick pics on a site. The
site will follow in time.

As I've said before, I've been in this game nearly 27 years and I've seen them come and I've
seen them go. My money's on Melanie.

I normally stay as far out of this type of exchange as much as possible but felt I had to speak
up.
Ban me, tar and feather me, or ride me out of town on a rail, I felt it had to be said.

'Nuff said.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Fri Feb 11 20:01 , 'Dean VP' <deanvp at att.net> sent: