[AT] OT-Brake controller

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 10:51:17 PST 2005

--- Brad Gunnells <brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu> wrote:

> I was curious if anyone has used the different time
> delayed vs
> proportional controllers and which they preferred
> and why. Also if
> anyone has the Prodigy controller what they think of
> it.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Brad
Brad, didn't care for the first generation time delay
controllers I used, you had control of the max current
and no or little control of ramp action.  Later ones
had better control of ramping but still weren't right.

Boss just got a new truck so will try current
technology such as the Prodigy.
Still find myself liking the old Kelsey-Hayes
hydraulic/electric the best, to bad antilock brakes
and them aren't compatable at all, (OH WELL, the good
old days, sigh).
Isn't Ford supposed to have a built-in controller on
the new heavy duty pick-ups?  If they did it right it
would be GRRREAT!

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan
The older I get the less I look forward to winter.