[AJD] My apologies to the List and Melanie

Frank gremaux at tein.net
Sat Feb 12 08:29:04 PST 2005

I have been following this one with interest........

Before I go too far I will tell you that Dean is without a doubt the best
friend I have had in this hobby(and we met through atis)

But in this case I do agree with him on most of these issues...(yes the
original message was meant for me)

Greg, Greg,..... Greg.........Melanie Melanie Melanie....John John John

I have bought parts from several of the "Pampered dealers"(and I did not say
that these are the ones )
and won't be back if I can help it!!
Some of them have a good price on some things and not so good on
others.....some are way of line!

I should name names here but I won't because you know who you
are......notice I haven't been back!
refurbished parts should not cost what some think they should and if you
have that much in them that in order to get a bit of profit you must charge
that much don't be thinking for a minute that you are the only one that
knows how.
Competition!!   In this hobby of the Deere's I have come to believe that
there a few are trying to shut out the competition ..........it won't work
kids! Yet those very same ones will want you to do something like
transporting things as I do for a living.for nothing!!

I myself have sold on eBay and the prices will vary so much that it is
unreal.
(recently bought a tool there and resold it for way less than I paid) So I
really don't think comparing eBay to anything is very important!

I also realize costs to re-manufacture a part is to high too but it is high
and if you want it you will pay for it.....to a point and when that happens
the point is lets built one cheaper and maybe even better......

And incidentally........ there are ways to make paint stick to most any
surface.....I have brazed stationary engines and paint is on for many
years.......and unless I would show you ....you would never know it was
welded.

You guys are trying to make a living but lets  not try to do it all on one
part
 I don't mind paying a fair price but for some reason I do believe that
there are pampered dealers that want to make it all on one part or two.

I really think that if you adjust your prices you will sell more and make
just as much and have us all happy and have no one trying to take your
business.......don't look to hard to do to me!!(Yes I have been in retail )

my 2 cents and if you want more ask........

Frank
gremaux at tein.net
Central Montana
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/deeregp/index.html