[AJD] working on D - ouch

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 17:45:45 PST 2005

Steve,

      Collecting and restoring tractors is a great hobby and pursued for the enjoyment and not investment.  In March 2004, I had the head and block for my 530 rebuilt by a machine shop here locally.  They are very familiar with JD equipment.   The head cost me about 405.00 to clean, repair a crack, new valve guides, springs and guides, machine some surfaces.  The block had previously been bored to .025 and was scored so we had to take it to .090, which ment new pistons, rings ect to the toon of $550.  Total rounded out  to $960+ for a tractor that is retired and only ever going to look nice and hopefully pretty.   Your prices are in the same range so I guess I feel a little better now????

       Glad that I selected this hobby to keep me busy in my retirement.  With six more tractors to go I don't know which is going to run out first my time or my mad money.. At this rate it will be the____________

Ken Jones

Steve Treimer <steelerhawk at yahoo.com> wrote:> > D prices, what would you do?