[AJD] working on D - ouch

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Wed Feb 9 05:24:02 PST 2005

Steve,

I just had a head and block machined for a 1943 D.  The head was $350.
To clean and bore the block, it was about $200.  They also surfaced the
manifold mating area and the head gasket surface, both on the block and
head. They also magnafluxed the head and block. I supplied the new parts
for the head, other than the seats.   I had to replace three valves,
they are $105 each.  I make it a habit to replace springs, bad springs
aren't worth the aggravation.  All 4 guides needed to be replaced, I
don't remember the cost off-hand.

I also had the crank ground, and magnafluxed, bearings repaired and
resized.  They also put new bushings in the connecting rods for the
piston pins.  The surfaced the manifold. The total cost was $1400.

Lou