[AT] Pulling a sheepsfoot with a Ford 8n

Chuck Saunders csaunders at bluevalleyk12.org
Fri Feb 11 06:31:40 PST 2005

Hi Warren,
I think you and Cecil in OK are on to something with the smaller
lifts.When  I read about the method of testing the soil for adequate
clay content, I thought to myself 'Here I am in NW Missouri, I can take
a shovelful of dirt an dump it on a potters wheel and make my own flower
pots. The moisture content I have a pretty good feel for.

I guess I do owe some explanation of what I am doing. I have decided to
enter the nursery business focusing primarily on hardy native MO
landscaping plants. In analyzing my resources I determined that even
with drip irrigation I could not go very far on county water. Luckily
the lay of the land is conducive to a pond site. Since this nursery
business is desired to be a low capital endeavor I have more time than
money. The pond will not be that large I am shooting for around a
million gallons ~3 acre-feet if I understand that term. I will be
excavating some of the upland to increase capacity wiothout increasing
height. I talk to to anybody and everybody that has something to offer
besides "You can't do that, Hire someone".

I value everyones thoughts on the matter and appreciate the time
invested in my questions.
Thanks
Chuck Saunders
Kansas City, MO