[AT] Pulling a sheepsfoot with a Ford 8n

Chuck Saunders csaunders at bluevalleyk12.org
Thu Feb 10 13:39:49 PST 2005

That is my concern Carl. I think that the commercial ones I found
started at 10,000 lbs and up. I think in your case when you had a piece
of equipment that is sized and rated for a TD-18B and you switch to a
tractor that is not an equivalent match you are going to have trouble. I
think that Cecils' wisdom of  lower lifts will go towards reducing the
rutting problem. I think it is similar to pulling too much plow with a
tractor. If you overload the tractor your field will look pretty bad.
Thanks
Chuck Saunders
Kansas City, MO