[AT] Case DV Value?

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Thu Feb 10 13:55:51 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 12:20, H. L. Staples wrote:
> Hi Ken been a while since we heard from you.  My 2002  I&T Used Tractor
> Price Guide list the D as being built 1940 through 1953.  Prices vary from a
> fair condition 1940 at $670.00 to a Premium condition 1953 at $1,830.00 no
> mention of a Vinyard model.
>
> Perhaps not much help but its all I got.
>
> H. L. Staples
> McLoud, Oklahoma
> USA

Hi H.L.
    The vineyard model wasn't widely known but there were a number of
them sold in California, where I got this one (remember Karl Olmsted? He
helped me link up with the seller. I wonder what happened to him lately
too...). I do appreciate the information. I guess it does get back to
the old adage... a tractor is worth whatever 2 folks will agree to. Here
in Phoenix there have been some awful expensive tractors go by, and some
good deals as well.

And yeah, it's been awhile since I was very active on the list but I'm
still here. I've been pretty busy with my business and building out the
shop (finally got the metal halide lights in. WOW! what a difference!
added a lathe as well) and there were some unhappy folks on the list for
awhile so I kinda stood back and let things mellow a bit while I worked
on other things. Now it's cool, nice Arizona tractor weather and I'm
going to enjoy it. :^)

Ken

Gilbert (central) Arizona which is under a weather alert for a big
rainstorm. Predictions are 80% for rain tomorrow... which means 80%
chance that it WON'T rain IMHO.