[AT] Pulling a sheepsfoot with a Ford 8n

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 11:02:04 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/10/2005 12:38:49 PM Central Standard Time,
csaunders at bluevalleyk12.org writes:

This  roller, which I am making myself
out of concrete (go ahead, laugh, get it  out of your system), is much
smaller than anything I've found  commercially

Chuck:
I ain't laughing.  I have one made from 2 barrels (19 in dia) and it  has 3/8
steel plates sticking out of the side about 3 inches and is full on
concrete.  I have seen them made from railroad spikes too.  railroad  spikes work
great as they have a profile similar to a sheep's foot.  I  would suggest you only
work in 3 to 4 inch lifts, or a lift only 1 inch in depth  deeper than the
distance from the end of your sheepfoot to the drum.  I  have been in the dam
building business for the last 27 years if I can give any  free advice, feel
free to ask.   Remember free advice is worth what  you pay for it!!
Cecil in OKla