[AJD] Losing my mind getting the "B" in time-dean-spencer-anybody

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 13:34:37 PST 2005

Nick, I did this on my '49 A a year and a half ago.
There was a punch dot on the cam gear and one on the governor gear.
Bring you engine to top dead center on cylinder 1 (the left one) and as
merle said, the mark should line up with your main case and your dot on
the cam shaft should be in view.  Mount your governor so that the
governor dot is lined up with the cam dot.  Then check your
distributor/magneto lug for horizontal.  If not, lift your governor up
and rotate it so that the coupling/lug is horizontal (and your left
cylinder is still TDC).  Then you can time it just like Merle said.
Steve