[AJD] Losing my mind getting the "B" in time-dean-spencer-anybody

hswooden hswooden at comcast.net
Thu Feb 10 18:28:20 PST 2005

Nick

Have you ever seen a lawn mower engine with the cylinder head removed?
This is the way I teach valve timing on a 4 stroke engine.  Get the
piston to TDC at the end of the exhaust stroke. Look at the valves or
the push rods or rocker arms.  I if you rock the crankshaft either
direction a valve will start to open if the engine is in time(valve
timing that is).
On your JD, I think you would use the Left cylinder.  You can time the
valves on any 4 stroke engine using this method. HTH