[AT] Snow load

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Wed Feb 9 05:25:24 PST 2005

Metal roof. Standard 36" wide panels about 20 ft long with a rib every 9
inches across the width and slick as snot with snow on it. I'm understanding
these ice dams are like pieces of Plexiglas angle-iron? I assume they go on
the flat sections between the ribs. How are they fastened to the roof? I did
the Google thing and found lots of pictures of big piles of snow on the roof
which make the roof leak when they partially melt. I couldn't find anything
that looked like it attached to a metal roof to break up the sliding snow.
Mark