[AT] Snow load

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 05:56:41 PST 2005

> Metal roof. Standard 36" wide panels about 20 ft long with a rib every 9
> inches across the width and slick as snot with snow on it. I'm understanding
> these ice dams are like pieces of Plexiglas angle-iron? I assume they go on
> the flat sections between the ribs. How are they fastened to the roof? I did
> the Google thing and found lots of pictures of big piles of snow on the roof
> which make the roof leak when they partially melt. I couldn't find anything
> that looked like it attached to a metal roof to break up the sliding snow.
> Mark

	What are commonly called "ice dams" are usually nothing more
than hook shaped pegs that stick up an inch or two from the roof. Just
nailed or screwed in, all they do is keep the snow from sliding. Go to
any lumber yard that sells steel roofing and they should have them in
stock. You can put them just over doorways and leave the rest alone so
most of the snow comes off. You could also try Home Depot or Lowes but
I would call to see who sells steel roofing first.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson