[Farmall] Cubs 'n such

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Mon Dec 26 12:13:46 PST 2005

John,  Thanks,  I hope to get the blade on tomorrow after  the local iron
and steel yard opens up so I can get some metal for a few of the braces. I
have the rest.    Hope you had a good Christmas.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett at centurytel.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
12/23/2005 09:26 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Cubs 'n such

Larry, the front blade on a cub doesn't put much additional strain on
the front axle, only the force needed to lift it,  the strain is on
where the braces mount to the torque tube from the pushing forward and
striking objects.  This is not normally a problem unless the bolts are
loose, or the torque tube is already cracked.

Larry L Hardesty wrote:

>Steve,  I have a Cub I am working to put a front blade on.   I have the
>blade but missing some parts.   Will the front blade put any undue stress

>on the front axle of the Cub or anything else.  Just curious about its
>use.
>
>Thanks

 John
another one of them