[AT] oliver 70 Price Check

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Dec 6 21:58:00 PST 2005

Andy:

I will pass along a warning that was given to me when I owned a 1947 Oliver
70 for awhile. It too was stuck. What I was told is that Oliver used
aluminum pistons in a sleeved block and getting them unstuck was a huge job.
At the same time I owned this tractor I also owned another Oliver 70 that
was a true parts tractor. The only reason I bought it and parted it out was
it had good 45 degree 40" tires on it. 11 or 12" x 40" tires are no longer
made by anyone as far as I know. I sold the tires for a nice tidy sum and
the rims may still be available. They were supposed to be sent back to me
but they haven't quite made it yet. The other reason was that it had front
wheel weights on it that I sold at a nice tidy sum. I still have the rear
end and transmission. The rest is gone.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!