[AJD] AR update - cracked

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 21:43:09 PST 2005

Tommy,

    Sorry to hear about your block and head.  My AR
came with what was said to be a good head that turned
out the have heat cracks.  I have two A4226R heads
than have been cleaned and magged with the cracks
marked if you have someone that can weld them.  There
is a cast iron welder out here but it is $125 a head
to have them repaired.  I may have any extra block,  I
am still waiting to get one back from the welding
shop.  I have a good boreable block as well,  but I
can't find anyone around here to bore it.   I thought
NAPA was going to be able to do it,  but the could
not.  I know of a parts A just a few miles from me
that I have been meaning to check out,   I will have
to try and get ahold of the owner this weekend.

     The good news is any A block and head from any
s/n 584,000 on up and any styled AO and AR, plus some
early 60's will work.

     Anyway, good luck.  Contact me off list if I can
help you with any parts.

                              Chris