[AJD] JD's early 70's bicycles - Parts?

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Sat Dec 3 07:36:15 PST 2005

Dean
About the only info I could ever get out of Deere was that a company, Shindawa
maybe?, made the bikes for JD
I know of no one and have never heard of anyone who has take the time to decipher
what other bicycles the fenders, etc might be common to. I can't help but think that
this type of item was not exclusive to Deere's bikes but I can't say for sure

I would also think things like reflectors, possibly even seats,etc could be closely
matched at a dedicated bicycle shop.

As I wrote in a bike article quite some time ago in GM, I do have all or nearly all
bicycle decals and other parts perceived as maybe needed someday put away (and I
honestly don't know at this moment where they even are!) for possible use as patterns
in the future.

Until then try this phone # from dealer search
M64400-Richland Equip, MS  601-645-5214 for decals

I didn't recheck the part #"s you have listed for fender braces but the descriptions
that pull up are "hub" and "axle" so are you sure these are correct?

JD bicycles were a commercial failure, they didn't sell well at all which of course
is why we might be intersted in them today!

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Fri Dec  2 22:32 , 'Dean VP' <deanvp at att.net> sent: