[AJD] JD's early 70's bicycles - Parts?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Dec 2 21:32:33 PST 2005

In a dumpster diving escape a couple years ago I retrieved a pristine JD 3
speed bicycle from the early 70's.  A green one with the decals still near
perfect. Didn't know didely squat about JD's bicycles then and don't now but
I recently acquired an original JD Parts Catalog (PC-1381) and a Service
Manual (SM-2099). The service manual contains as many pages as some tractor
service manuals. That was a bit of a surprise. There is more detail in there
than one would ever want to know.

Ok, so now that I am armed and dangerous, does anyone know where I can get
replacement fenders, braces and reflector decals for this bicycle?

The fenders are completely missing otherwise the rest of the bike is
pristine.

The Part numbers needed are:

AM52749 Front fender green
AM52752 Front Fender brace
M64400  Front & Rear Fender striping decal - 4 required
AM52751 Rear Men's Fender Green
AM52574 or AM52572 Rear Fender brace
AM52756 or AM52572 Rear Fender Brace
Plus all the hardware.

Is there a specialty shop anywhere that has taken an interest in these
bicycles?

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!