[AJD] RE:/ now Verizon troubles

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Dec 30 21:31:05 PST 2005

David:

As of a couple hours ago we finally are back up and running but not without
going through 4 hours of no phone service at all. We did have voice but were
not able to make a dial up internet connection to any ISP. Then we lost
everything. I guess they had to reboot!  :-)  Or turn on the switch.
Doubled my net worth today because they now owe me $25 for failing to get
the service back up within 48 hours of my trouble call.

I have been with the same two ISP's for way over 5 years. And have been
generally happy with both until recently. ATT was ok before but since their
merger with SBC things are starting to deteriorate. Probably going to have
to make a change but I sure know it won't be Verizon.  Thinking about going
to a Sprint cell phone Data Line Internet connection, in order to get
something higher than 56K dial up which is all that is available here out in
the boonies. But...  We happen to be in a real fringe area for cell phone
reception so that may not work either. Have tried cell service twice with
two different providers and missed so many calls gave up on both. Kind of
frustrating. One of the downsides of living out in the country in the
foothills of the Cascade Mountain range.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com